Thursday, July 29, 2010

Naco Mission Trip Day 4

I had been waiting for last night to happen all week. In fact we had been praying for last night for some weeks now. We discussed with Pastor Tim what he wanted us to do here in Naco, one of the main things he asked for was for us to do a service on Wednesday night. So we have been in prayer, hoping people would come out and that God would use our meager gifts to make a difference. Our prayers were heard.

While we worked hard yesterday, digging up bamboo, mowing, digging up weeds, etc. We were focused on what God might do at the service. At first it seemed that not too many people were going to show up, but we've also discovered time is a little more fluid down here, starting times don't exactly mean you start right then, but sometime around then. But the church ended up being full by the end of the service.

A group of young boys started off the service, they are from Cuahtamoc, and lead worship at the church there. It was only in Spanish, but it was so good! They played a couple songs we knew the English version of, and the last song they did was one where basically everyone did a dance. It was so fun and freeing, to not be too proud or embarrassed to dance for the Lord. Basically, all the people for Cuahtamoc went to the front of the church and led in the dance. When we get the video uploaded I'll post, as you do not want to miss it.

We then took a break, got our instruments set up. I (Brett), then moved to preach with Mario who translated for me into Spanish. I can honestly say, I was more nervous walking up to preach then I have ever been before. I so wanted to be used by God, but the last thing I wanted was the words to be of and from me. I preached out of Psalm 62:5-8, and asked them two question spaced through out the message: What do you hope in? And, why do you not trust God? I brought out Romans 8:37-39, nothing can separate you from God, so why trust in anything else?

I gave the invitation and our group moved up to lead in the invitation and more worship. Hannah sang Revelation Song and Hosanna, which if you know the songs and what they say about God, will break your heart if you mean what you sing. If you make those songs a prayer unto the Lord, you will feel God's presence, and we did. Jordan then took lead for From the Inside Out, How He Loves, and The Stand. God is always present, but God was moving in our midst powerfully. Some came to alter to pray, some people who mainly spoke Spanish were praising God despite not knowing what we were singing! They just knew God was working, so the only to do was to give Him praise for it.

We were touched and changed by God that night. I end with a section of the lyrics from one of the songs last night, I had been praying for these words to be true in us:

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

No comments: