Thursday, March 26, 2009

Back in Lima

Hey folks. It's Thursday morning. We made it back to Lima a couple of hours ago. Wednesday in Coracora was terrific. Yulber had all sorts of questions that we worked through. The guy has an awesome appetite for the Word of God. He asked if we could bring him some commentaries and other books to help him understand better.

I got asked to baptize a baby that had died...the Catholic priest was out of town or something. I told the lady that I couldn't do it but offered to pray with the family. We also ran into a couple who had just come to Coracora and were wondering about a baptist church being there. The lady saw me in the street and said she had a hunch I was a baptist pastor. (Do you think that being one of 3 white people in the town might have given it away???)

I'm going to the Starbucks to write up a report about the trip for the IMB office. I also have to finish my sermon for Sunday morning.

See everybody on Sunday...

Mark

1 comment:

Mary said...

going to Starbucks ah coffee hope you have a safe trip home
Love
Mary