Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Mega Type Day

It's Thursday morning and we are moving slightly slower then normal. God is still moving and changing hearts here. I thought for a treat for the folks back home, I would allow someone else to take a turn at blogging. There were no volunteers... but then Bradley spoke up and here we are at breakfast ready to tell you about our day. So without further ado, I give you Bradley:

Hello everyone, i'll tell you a little about our week in Canada so far. Brett, Jessica, and me are in the pcy group. We are working on the Kingston FBC, painting and fixing anything along the way. Our group leader is a guy named Dennis, who has become part of our church family here. It's just amazing the way God has worked through all of us this week so far. I just want to thank evryone that made our trip possible and we will see you soon.

Thank you Bradley! Dennis has become part of our family, he comes to our Church group devotion time, eats supper with us, and will be hanging out with us tonight during our extended free time. We will be celebrating Bradley's birthday (even though it is technically tomorrow). We will be going to downtown Kingston, getting some good food, and enjoying the local sights. Which the lake is simply beautiful.

Mega relay was yesterday, and war paint was applied to all. Jim had so much that it was running down his by the end of Mega. Shay and Vic's group brought home the Fuge Cup. We were quite proud, and extremely jealous.

We are loving our time here. I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say the time we spend together has been such a great bonding exprience. Our times of worship, pray, and playing games has been some of my favorite times.

You might doubt it, but some of the conversations we are having make me so very proud. We talk about spiritual things, we talk about what God is doing in us. We talk about how what God showed us in our quiet times. We talk about the people we want to pray for here and back home. Not during our church group times, but just hanging out at the dinner table, or as we walk to worship, or while driving to Wal-Mart (yes there are Wal-Marts in Canada). The depth of these students devotion and love of God is such a blessing to me.

We prayed for all of you last night, hope that each of you are running after God, and looking for those moments to serve Him throughout your day.

-Brett (with Bradley)

4 comments:

Mark said...

Hey everybody...

The church prayed for you all last night. So glad to hear about what going on and how God is growing you up in your faith. Dwell deep!

Mark

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Brett for keeping us posted as to what God is doing through all of you and how He has been ministering to each of you.

I get updates from Jim each night(he didn't mention the war paint!). I am so proud of our youth. They never cease to amaze me. Please tell Bradley Happy Birthday from Ms. Rita. Blessings to all of you! Rita

sandy said...

(happy birthday bradley.) I am so excited just hearing what God is doing in you all & through you. I'm sad too that I'm not there experiencing it with you. Keep up the good work! See ya soon

sandy said...

(happy birthday bradley.) I am so excited just hearing what God is doing in you all & through you. I'm sad too that I'm not there experiencing it with you. Keep up the good work! See ya soon