Friday, July 10, 2009

The Thursday Experience

As I write this, it's our last day in Canada. I can say with all honesty, we are sad to leave. The people of Kingston have been great, and while they are far from Christ, they are kind and welcoming. I have another guest blogger with me today, Jordan. You may ask where the girls are at, and well, they never seem to make it to breakfast since they bought a box of Lucky Charms for their rooms.

Here to tell you about yesterday and whats been going on, is Jordan Atnip:

Hello all. First of all, I want to thank you all for your prayers. I know that you all are praying and it's helping us get through. This entire trip has already been a blessing. I am in the social group. From our church, Mr. Jim, Mrs. Lynda, and Andrew are with me. The past couple days we have been working at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. We've all had different jobs to do there, some giving more opportunities to witness than others. We're all getting to do God's work, and He is blessing our souls for it. We had a large free time yesterday, so we went to a Tex Mex restaurant. We celebrated Bradley's birthday with our whole church group, plus our church group devotional leader, Dennis. Dennis has been more than a blessing and treats us like he's known us his whole life. He's barely older than me and he has already done incredible things for God. Keep us all in prayer. I look forward to seeing my home church soon.

Love,

Jordan

Canadian Tex Mex? That's right! I'm still amused by it all. They were all highly excited to find out we were from Tennessee. We had an extended free time yesterday, and hang out in Downtown Kingston. Luckily there was a Street Performer Festival downtown. The streets were blocked off, and we saw juggling fire, guys on Pogo sticks, etc. It was rather cool. We all wore our camp shirts, which allowed us to have quite a few conversations with people. We explained we were missionaries from the states, and it was just another chance to tell people about Christ. We had another great time of worship in church group, and took up an offering for Missions. The neat thing is, part of the offering we took is going to Canada, right here, to where we are working, in Kingston. The other part is going to work with the Roma, who I had I chance to work with last year in Romania.

Pray for us today. I challenged our group to look for every moment that God presents to them today. Moments to share their faith, moments to encourage, moment to hear the still small voice of God. This is our last day, and my prayer is we give every ounce of energy and passion to let all these great people know about the name that is above every name, and that is our Lord Jesus.

I know God is going to bless us and is going to work through us. We are praying for you church, and we know you are praying for us.

-Brett

No comments: