Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I´m Learning Lots

Our Bible study last night was fantastic. We had our regular people and about 6 teenagers from the orphanage and a house parent showed up also. I got to share the gospel with all of them and give them a little thing to take home with them so they could remember the gospel.



Here were our basic two goals that we wanted to accomplish while we were here. First, to find a place for the Bible study to continue after we are gone. We have been meeting in a little lobby outside our hotel room. The group can´t meet there if we´re not staying in the hotel. We´re close to finding a place but haven´t yet. Second goal, to find a person who will lead the Bible studies after we are gone. We have found this person. His name is Andres. Bobby and I are paying for him to go to an IMB sponsored and led training in a town somewhat nearby at the end of November. I´ll tell you more about him when I return.



This morning we met a man named Isaias. He heard we were here and Andres brought him to us. I learned that he was a part of a Baptist church that tried to get started aseveral years ago, but this church folded because they could never find a pastor. And that is the number 1 challenge that we will face. Finding a Peruvian pastor who will come to Coracora or training a person to become the pastor. I will speak more about this when I get back.



God bless and thank you for your prayers...



Mark

No comments: