Saturday, September 20, 2008

We´re in Coracora

We made it in the middle of the night last night, found our hotel, and got a few hours of sleep. I got up and read some Scriptures this morning. I read Psalm 96 about the worship of God and the call of missions. Check it out.

We have already reestablished contact with a man named Dante that a previous group made a relationship with. God literally brought him right to our lap first thing this morning. So we´ll be doing a Bible Study tonight with him and with another person we met to work in the restaurant beside our hotel.

I looked out over the town from my hotel window (good view) this morning and took some photos and videos. It is so heartbreaking to me that this place has no, zero, zip evangelical Bible preaching churches. They don´t have access to the gospel. I thought about Jesus as he looked over the crowd and felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd. Lost.

¨Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; he is to be feared above all gods.¨ Psalm 96:3, 4

I´ll check in later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you arrived in Coracora safely. I checked it out on Google Earth. Looks pretty rugged. Stay well.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Check my blog at bjackwatkins.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack...Google Earth is a great application. I used to find Coracora before we came. I´m leading our first Bible study here in a little bit. Blessings...