Monday, February 15, 2010

New Thru 30 - Day 15 - Romans 1-8

If you're reading this post and you're up to date with your reading guide then you've made it halfway!!! Way to go; keep it up.

So we made it out of the narrative literature and into the epistles today.

John Piper title his sermon series on the book of Romans "The Greatest Letter Ever Written." I agree.

Buried in this treasure chest we call Romans is the following verse: "Do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?" (Rom. 2:4)

I know I've written and spoken a lot about repentance lately, but I just feel the need for it personally as God is dealing with me. As I read the Bible more and more, I am seeing that repentance is a bigger and bigger theme. I don't want to ever come to the place where I presume on God's kindness and forbearance and patience.

Hasn't God been good to you??? I'm not talking about the fact that you have lots of money and live in a land of freedom, etc...

I mean hasn't he been good to you in that he hasn't destroyed you for your sin?

Look back at the verse. All of God's kindness, forbearance, and patience is designed for one thing in your life...

Repentance.

Come to him today and repent.

No comments: